FRIENDS of the GILROY LIBRARY GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Wednesday September 5, 2018 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Gilroy Library “Quiet Study B” room, 2nd floor
- Get updates on fundraising efforts, website, and other outreach to support Gilroy Library activities
- Learn about possible changes to library hours, potential remodeling of lobby and outdoor patio, and other upcoming library projects
- Join other members to sort books and keep the bookstore open more hours
- Members participate in election of officers __________________________________________________________________________________
Tote bags now in PURPLE, too!!! Still only $2.
The GREAT American Read on PBS premiering May 22!!!
What is it? – http://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/about/show/
Learn all about it – http://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/home/
Here are the books – http://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/books/#/
You can find many of these titles on the special shelf in the Friends’ book store, and many more in the library collection.
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE – http://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/about/vote/
As FRIENDS, we …
- promote the public use and community support of the Gilroy Library,
- foster appreciation of Library’s value as a cultural and educational asset to the community,
- encourage the extension and improvement of Library services.
As shown in the slide show above, Friends of the Gilroy Library contribute to many programs at the Gilroy Library. We’d like to do more. To do that, we will be increasing the price of a bag of books at our Saturday sales and of paperback books.
As of January 1, 2018, book prices will change as follows: Saturday Bag of Book price – Members $5 and Non-members $8. The price for regular paperback books will be 50 cents each, and both trade paperbacks and large paperbacks will be $1.00 each. Members will continue to enjoy a 25% discount on all other purchases.
Thank you to all who have contributed to the Friends of the Gilroy Library! Contributors from Benevity have had their donations doubled (more information here http://www.benevity.com/) and through YourCause (https://solutions.yourcause.com/)! Both new memberships and membership renewals through Paypal, allow us to cut costs! Financial donations enable us to support the wide ranging Gilroy Library programs.